Inspecting the clutch
- Check the thickness of the clutch mass friction
- The masses must exhibit no traces of lubricants;
in that case, check the driven pulley unit seals.
UPON RUNNING-IN, THE MASSES MUST EXHIBIT A CEN-
TRAL FAYING SURFACE AND MUST NOT BE DIFFERENT
FROM ONE ANOTHER.
DIFFERENT CONDITIONS MAY CAUSE CLUTCH TEAR-
DO NOT USE TOOLS TO OPEN THE MASSES TO AVOID
VARIATION IN THE RETURN SPRING LOAD.
Check minimum thickness
Removing the clutch
Fit the special driven pulley spring compressor tool:
- Fit the driven pulley assembly on the tool by inserting the 3 pins in the ventilation holes on the mass
- Make sure that the clutch is perfectly inserted into the adapter ring before proceeding to tighten the
- Use the special multipurpose wrench to remove the nut fixing the clutch.
- Disassemble the driven pulley into its components (Clutch and spring with plastic fitting).
THE TOOL MUST BE FIRMLY FIXED IN THE VICE AND THE CENTRAL SCREW MUST TOUCH
THE TOOL. EXCESSIVE TORQUE MAY DEFORM THE SPECIFIC TOOL.
AP8140665 Adapter for clutch assembly removal
AP8140259 Universal tool for clutch assemblies
AP8140300 55 mm wrench
ENG - 84