Refitting the oil sump
- Refit the by-pass valve plunger in its housing.
- Insert the pressure-regulating spring.
- Fit a new sump seal.
- Refit the two centring dowels.
- Refit the sump, taking care to locate the spring in
the appropriate piece found in the sump.
- Refit the screws and supporting brackets of the
rear brake pipes in the reverse order followed for
- Tighten the screws to the prescribed torque.
- Refit the driving pulley assembly, the belt, the
pinion and the transmission cover as described in
the "Transmissions" chapter.
- When testing the lubrication system, refer to
the "Crankcase and Crankshaft" chapter re-
garding lubrication of the crankshaft and con-
Locking torques (N*m)
Oil sump screws 10÷14 (7.4÷10.3 ftlb)
ENG - 142