Inspecting the crankshaft alignment
- Install the crankshaft on the support and measure
the misalignment at the 4 points indicated in figure.
- Check that the crankshaft cone, the tab fitting, the
oil seal flow, the knurling and the threaded tabs are
in good working order.
- In case of failure, replace the crankshaft.
The rod head bushings cannot be replaced.
Therefore, the connecting cannot be replaced ei-
ther and, when cleaning the crankshaft, be very
careful that no impurities get in through the shaft
In order to prevent damaging the connecting rod
bushings, do not attempt cleaning the lubrication
duct with compressed air.
- Make sure that the 2 buffers on the crankpin are
- A wrong installation of a buffer can seriously af-
fect the bushing lubrication pressure.
CRANKCASE BEARINGS ARE NOT GRINDABLE.
Maximum off-line allowed:
A = 0.15 mm
B = 0.01 mm
C = 0.01 mm
D = 0.10 mm
AP8140915 Crankcase check
ENG - 128