Valve check: Standard diameter:
Outlet: 4.96 ÷ 4.975 mm
Inspecting the springs and half-cones
- Check that the spring upper caps and the cotters
show no signs of abnormal wear.
Refitting the valves
- Lubricate the valve guides with engine oil.
- Place the valve spring supports on the head.
- Using the specified punch, fit the 4 sealing rings.
- Fit the valves, the springs and the plates. Using
the specified tool with the appropriate adaptor,
compress the springs and insert the cotters in their
DO NOT CHANGE THE VALVE FITTING POSITION. FIT THE
VALVE SPRINGS WITH THE REFERENCE COLOUR ON
THE COTTERS SIDE (TURNS WITH GREATER PITCH).
AP8140179 Support for valve fitting/removal
AP8140659 Valve oil seal punch
AP8140917 Tool for valve pressure plate
ENG - 120