Removing the cylinder head
- Remove the spark plug.
- Remove the 2 side retainers indicated in the fig-
- Loosen the 4 head-cylinder fixing nuts in two or
three stages and in a criss-cross sequence.
- Remove the head, the 2 centring dowels and the
IF NECESSARY, THE HEAD MAY BE REMOVED TOGETH-
ER WITH THE CAMSHAFT, ROCKING LEVER PINS AND
MOUNTING BRACKET. THE HEAD CAN ALSO BE RE-
MOVED WITHOUT TAKING OUT THE CHAIN AND THE
CHAIN TIGHTENER OF THE CRANKSHAFT.
Removing the valves
- Using the appropriate tool fitted with an adapter,
remove the cotter pins, plates, springs and valves.
- Remove the oil seals with the specific tool
- Remove the spring lower supports.
Arrange the valves so as to recognise their original position on
AP8140179 Support for valve fitting/removal
AP8140917 Tool for valve pressure plate
AP8140919 Valve oil seal extractor
ENG - 109