- Check there are no signs of wear on the oil pump
shaft or body.
- Check there are no signs of wear or scoring on
the oil pump cover.
- If non-conforming values or signs of wear are
found, replace the faulty parts or the assembly.
- Fit the pump cover so positioned that the holes
for the crankcase fixing screws are aligned.
- Make sure the gasket is the correct position and
refit the pump on the engine crankcase. The pump
can only be fitted in one position. Tighten the
screws to the prescribed torque.
- Fit a new O-ring on the pinion.
- Assemble the chain.
- Fit the pulley, the central screw and the belleville
washer. Tighten to the specified torque.
- Assemble the oil pump cover by tightening the
two screws to the prescribed torque.
ENG - 140