Locking torques (N*m)
Timing chain tensioner support screw 11÷13 (8.1÷9.6 ftlb) Spark plug 12÷14 (8.9÷10.3 ftlb) Starter
ground screw 7÷8.5 (5.2÷6.3 ftlb) Timing chain tensioner pad screw 10÷14 (7.4÷10.3 ftlb) Starter
ground bell screw 11÷15 (8.1÷11.1 ftlb) Timing chain tensioner central screw 5÷6 (3.7÷4.4 ftlb)
Camshaft retention plate screw 4÷6 (3÷4.4 ftlb)
- Fit the timing chain guide pad.
- Insert the centring dowels between the cylinder
head and the cylinder, fit the cylinder head gasket
and the cylinder head.
- Lubricate the stud bolt threading.
- Tighten up the nuts to an initial pre-torque of 7±1
- Tighten up the nuts to a second pre-torque of 10
- Rotate by an angle of 270°
- To carry out the operations described above, fol-
low the tightening sequence indicated in the figure.
- Fit the two screws on the timing chain side and
tighten them to the prescribed torque.
BEFORE INSTALLING THE HEAD, MAKE SURE THAT THE
LUBRICATION CHANNEL IS CLEAN AS WELL AS THE
REST OF THE ASSEMBLY; USE A JET OF COMPRESSED
AIR FOR CLEANING.
ENG - 124