Installation of the converter and enclosure
When designing or manufacturing an enclosure, determine the structure, size, and device layout of the enclosure by fully
considering the conditions such as heat generation of the contained devices and the operating environment.
The multifunction regeneration converter unit uses many semiconductor devices. To ensure higher reliability and long period
of operation, operate the converter in the ambient environment that completely satisfies the equipment specifications.
Converter installation environment
The following table lists the standard specifications of the installation environment for the multifunction regeneration converter.
Using the converter in an environment that does not satisfy the conditions deteriorates the performance, shortens the life, and
causes a failure. Refer to the following points, and take adequate measures.
Standard environmental specifications of the converter
Surrounding air temperature -10 to +50°C
-10 to +40°C (non-freezing) at the 40°C rating.
Temperature applicable for a short time, for example, in transit.
For the installation at an altitude above 1000 m, consider a 3% reduction in the rated current per 500 m increase in altitude.
The permissible surrounding air temperature of the multifunction regeneration converter is -10 to +50°C (-10 to +40°C at the
40°C rating). Always operate the converter within this temperature range. Operation outside this range will considerably
shorten the service lives of the semiconductors, parts, capacitors and others. Take the following measures to keep the
surrounding air temperature of the converter within the specified range.
(a) Measures against high temperature
• Use a forced ventilation system or similar cooling system. (Refer to
• Install the enclosure in an air-conditioned electric chamber.
• Block direct sunlight.
• Provide a shield or similar plate to avoid direct exposure to the radiated heat and wind of a heat source.
• Ventilate the area around the enclosure well.
(b) Measures against low temperature
• Provide a space heater in the enclosure.
• Do not power OFF the converter. (Keep the start signal of the inverter OFF.)
(c) Sudden temperature changes
• Select an installation place where temperature does not change suddenly.
• Avoid installing the converter near the air outlet of an air conditioner.
• If temperature changes are caused by opening/closing of a door, install the converter away from the door.
With circuit board coating (conforming to IEC 60721-3-3 3C2/3S2): 95% RH or less (non-condensing)
Without circuit board coating: 90% RH or less (non-condensing)
-20 to +65°C
Indoors (free from corrosive gas, flammable gas, oil mist, dust and dirt)
Maximum 2500 m
or less at 10 to 55 Hz (directions of X, Y, Z axes)
Installation of the converter and enclosure design
INSTALLATION AND WIRING