1. Attach a needle.
2. Turn the pulley by hand, and set the needle bar at its highest point.
3. Loosen the socket set screw (FT, M4 x 4).
4. Adjust the height of the needle thread block so that the threading hook passes through the needle hole, and secure
with the socket set screw (FT, M4 x 4). ( torque : 0.78 - 1.18N · m)
• Secure the socket set screw (FT, M4 x 4) so that the position of the needle thread block set screw is seen to
be slight to the left when viewed from the front.
• Adjust so that the upper edge of the threading hook and the upper edge of the needle hole are at the same
NOTE •If the needle thread block set screw position is too far to the left, the hook will not operate and treading cannot
be done. (Fig. 1).
•If the needle thread block set screw position is too far to the right, the needle bar supporter assy. and the
needle thread block will come into contact and be damaged (Fig. 2).
(FT, M4 x 4)
4 - 14
Adjustment of Needle thread block
Needle thread block