9. The Norton Ghost message window appears on the PCU:
10. Press key <9>: Return to main menu
11. The PCU is restarted automatically after a successful restore operation.
Backing up and restoring PCU partitions locally
Backing up partitions
In addition to backing up the entire contents of the hard disk onto an external drive, you can
also back up partitions C:, E:, and F: of the PCU locally onto partition D: of the PCU (partition
The local backup image generated by a partition data backup can be used to restore
partitions C:, E: and F: again if necessary (partition data restore).
PCU Basesoftware (IM6)
Commissioning Manual, 10/2006, 6FC5397-0DP10-0BA0
– display of the transfer progress
– display of the paths used
– details of the aggregates to be transferred.
If the data transfer is interrupted during the restore process, the system on the hard
disk will be incomplete. Therefore, a boot diskette containing MS–DOS _ 6.x–Boot and
Norton Ghost software is required.
Duration: Approximately 15 - 20 minutes to generate a compressed disk image = 130 MB
from a 540 MB hard disk via LPT.
Partition data backup to drive TEMP (D:)
Backing up and Restoring Data
4.2 Backing up and restoring PCU partitions locally