Installing software and network operation
3.1 Installing software and software update
5. Switch on PCU.
6. Select the "Service menu" [hidden menu entry] in the Boot Manager.
7. Press key <1>: Install/update SINUMERIK system
8. Enter one of the passwords for authorization levels 0 - 2.
Your Choice [1, 2, 3, 5, 9]?
9. Press key <2>: Install via Serial/Parallel Line:
10. Depending on the installation concept for the package to be loaded, follow the package-
11. End PC/PG service mode by pressing <ALT> + F4.
Installation with FAT32 data file structure
This function transfers the HMI software to be installed to D:\INSTALL. The actual installation
is carried out by Windows on the next booting, provided the software includes an exe file,
Prior to the installation process, ensure that hard-disk partition D has sufficient free memory
While the PCU is booting (after switching the controller off and then on again):
The main menu is displayed:
The system prompts you to enter a password:
The following menu is displayed:
PLEASE SELECT MEDIUM:
1 Install from Floppy Disk
2 Install via Serial/Parallel Line
3 Install from Network Drive
9 Return to Main Menu
The data transfer begins.
When the PCU has restarted, the installation routine runs automatically.
specific prompts until the installation is complete.
The computer is restarted again when installation is complete.
Commissioning Manual, 10/2006, 6FC5397-0DP10-0BA0
PCU Basesoftware (IM6)