Golf 2004 ➤ , Golf Plus 2005 ➤
Running gear, axles, steering - Edition 08.2009
– Now strap vehicle to the lifting platform arms on both sides of
the vehicle using tensioning straps -T10038- .
If the vehicle is not strapped down there is a great danger that
the vehicle will slip off the lifting platform!
– Attach support -T10149- to wheel hub using wheel bolt.
– Raise wheel hub with support -T10149- and engine and gear‐
box jack -V.A.G 1383 A- far enough that bolts of right anti-roll
bar clamp are accessible.
Continuation for both sides of vehicle:
– Remove nut -arrow- and remove bolt towards rear.
– Remove track rod -1-.
– Install track rod on vehicle and tighten bolts hand tight.
Note different versions of track rods: downwards open or forwards
The track rod may only be bolted when dimension "a" has been
⇒ page 188
– Bolt track rod -1- to subframe and tighten new nut -arrow- to
Rep. Gr.42 - Rear suspension