Before the axle on one side is raised, both sides of the vehicle
must be strapped to the lifting platform arms with tensioning
straps -T10038- .
If the vehicle is not strapped down, there is a danger that the
vehicle will slip off the lifting platform!
– Turn wheel hub until one of the wheel bolt holes is at the top.
– Attach support -T10149- to wheel hub using wheel bolt.
Respective nuts and bolts may be tightened only when dimension
-a- between the centre of wheel hub and edge of wheel housing
has been attained.
The dimension -a- depends on the ride height of the installed run‐
Standard running gear (2UA)
Heavy-duty running gear (2UB)
Sports running gear except 18"
Sports running gear with 18"
The type of running gear fitted to the vehicle is recorded on the
vehicle data sticker. The running gear is identified by the PR
number. Which PR. No. refers to which running gear can be found
⇒ page 317
– Raise wheel bearing housing using engine and gearbox jack
-V.A.G 1383 A- until dimension -a- is attained.
♦ Never raise or lower the vehicle while the engine and
gearbox jack is positioned beneath the vehicle.
♦ Do not leave the engine and gearbox jack -V.A.G 1383 A-
under the vehicle for longer than necessary.
– Tighten affected nuts and bolts.
– Lower wheel bearing housing.
– Pull engine and gearbox jack -V.A.G 1383 A- out from under
– Detach support -T10149- .
Running gear, axles, steering - Edition 08.2009
Ride height -a- in mm
383 ± 10 mm
403 ± 10 mm
368 ± 10 mm
368 ± 10 mm
400 ± 10 mm
373 ± 10 mm
Golf 2004 ➤ , Golf Plus 2005 ➤
2. Repairing front suspension