Golf 2004 ➤ , Golf Plus 2005 ➤
Running gear, axles, steering - Edition 08.2009
Threaded connection for trailing arm and wheel bearing housing
may be tightened only after all other components (particularly the
spring and shock absorber) of respective wheel suspension have
been installed. To tighten, wheel suspension must be in extended
position. Only then do trailing arm and wheel bearing housing
move to the necessary position -arrows-.
It is important to keep to the specified sequence for the following
– Position trailing arm and mounting bracket on wheel bearing
housing using bolts -2- but do not tighten yet.
– Install bolts -arrows- and tighten to prescribed torque.
– Install backplate.
– Install wheel bearing/wheel hub unit.
Bolt connections on wheel bearing housing may be tightened only
when dimension "a" has been obtained
⇒ page 137
– Tighten bolt for track rod -1-.
– Tighten bolt for lower transverse link -3-.
4. Assembly overview: wheel bearing housing, trailing arm (front-wheel drive)