– Place engine and gearbox jack -V.A.G 1383 A- under sub‐
– Place, for example, a wooden block -1- between engine and
gearbox jack -V.A.G 1383 A- and subframe.
– Remove bolts -4 and 5- and lower subframe with brackets
slightly, observing electrical wires.
– Now lift anti-roll bar -1- forwards over bracket -2- and down
Install in reverse order.
Coat seal on steering box with suitable lubricant, e.g. soft
soap, before installing steering box.
After fitting the steering box to the jointed shaft, ensure that
the seal is not kinked when lying against the assembly plate
and that the opening to the footwell is correctly sealed. Oth‐
erwise, this can result in water leaks and/or noise.
Ensure sealing surfaces are clean.
– Install lower noise insulation ⇒ Rep. Gr. 50 ; Assembly over‐
view - noise insulation .
– Install front wheels and tighten
Subframe to body
♦ Use new bolts
Running gear, axles, steering - Edition 08.2009
⇒ page 288
Golf 2004 ➤ , Golf Plus 2005 ➤
70 Nm + 90°
3. Subframe, anti-roll bar, suspension link