Golf 2004 ➤ , Golf Plus 2005 ➤
Running gear, axles, steering - Edition 08.2009
– Fix position of subframe using locating pins -T10096- .
The locating devices -T10096- must only be tightened to a max‐
imum of 20 Nm; otherwise the threads of the locating pins may
– Replace the subframe securing bolts on both sides one after
the other with locating pins -T10096- and tighten to 20 Nm.
The position of the subframe is now fixed.
– Lower subframe 10 cm using engine and gearbox jack -V.A.G
1383 A- .
– Mark installation position of bonded rubber bush relative to
subframe using e.g. a felt tip pen.
– Position special tools as shown in illustration.
1 - Nut -T10263/5-
2 - Washer , from -T10263-
3 - Tube -T10263/6-
4 - Hydraulic press -VAS 6178- and thrust piece -T10205/13-
5 - Nut -T10263/5-
6 - Spindle -T10263/4-
– Take up play in special tools.
– Pull out bonded rubber bush by actuating the pump.
The outer ring of the bush shears off when pulling out the bonded
rubber bush. This occurs with a loud bang.
– The bonded rubber bush must be removed from the tube -
T10356/6- once the bush has been pulled out.
– Clamp tube -T10356/6- on the intended surfaces in a vice.
– Insert a screwdriver between tube -T10356/6- and bonded
rubber bush and lever bush out of tube -arrow-. If necessary,
apply a drift to bush and drive out with light hammer blows.
Pulling in rear bonded rubber bush
Install in reverse order. Note the following points:
Rep. Gr.42 - Rear suspension