Golf 2004 ➤ , Golf Plus 2005 ➤
Running gear, axles, steering - Edition 08.2009
– Remove coupling rod -1- from trailing arm.
– Hold wheel bearing housing and unscrew bolts -arrows-.
– Take out wheel bearing housing.
Carry out installation in the reverse sequence, noting the follow‐
Ensure that a plate/washer is installed between the track rod, up‐
per control arm, shock absorber and wheel bearing housing
Position: threaded connection between trailing arm and wheel
Threaded connection for trailing arm and wheel bearing housing
may be tightened only after all other components (particularly the
spring and shock absorber) of respective wheel suspension have
been installed. To tighten, wheel suspension must be in extended
position. Only then do trailing arm and wheel bearing housing
move to the necessary position -arrows-.
– Install coil spring
⇒ page 257
It is important to keep to the specified sequence for the following
– Fit trailing arm to wheel bearing housing with bolts -arrows-
but do not tighten yet.
– Attach coupling rod -1- to trailing arm but do not tighten nut
– Lower wheel suspension again using engine and gearbox jack
-V.A.G 1383 A- and remove support -T10149- from wheel hub.
– Tighten trailing arm bolts -arrows- to specified torque, ensur‐
ing that components are positioned as required
– Bolt coupling rod -1- to wheel bearing housing and anti-roll bar.
The threaded connections on the wheel bearing housing may be
tightened only when the dimension between the centre of wheel
hub and lower edge of wheel housing has been attained
⇒ page 188
– Attach brake carrier with brake caliper ⇒ Brake systems; Rep.
Gr. 46 .
– Install wheel and tighten
Upper transverse link to wheel bearing housing
♦ Use new nuts and bolts
♦ Tighten threaded connections only when vehicle is in
the normal running position
Rep. Gr.42 - Rear suspension
⇒ page 288
⇒ page 254
130 Nm + 90° further