Example of external wiring with the SSI encoder (serial
Connect the flexible high-speed I/O control module to the SSI encoder using a shielded twisted pair cable of 0.2mm
thicker (24 AWG or larger). Make sure to check the SSI encoder specifications.
In addition, separately prepare an external power supply for the SSI encoder.
Flexible high-speed I/O control module
IN 0 (DATA input)
OUT 0 (CLK output)
• Connect the DATA input to any of IN 0 to IN B.
• Connect the CLK output to OUT 0_DIF for SSI_Encoder_0, and to OUT 1_DIF for SSI_Encoder_1.
Relation between transmission speed and maximum cable length (reference value)
The maximum cable length described in the above is a reference value. Depending on the response performance of the SSI
encoder to be connected, the maximum cable length may become shorter than the above description because a response
Therefore, check the operation using an actual encoder to be connected, and use the module.
If the cable longer than the maximum length described above is used, the module becomes following states.
• An encoder value is fixed to an incorrect value and the module does not count the value correctly.
• An encoder value fluctuates and the module does not count the value correctly.
• An encoder value cannot be read and the module does not count the value correctly.
6.4 Example of External Wiring Between the Flexible High-speed I/O Control Module and an Encoder
Shielded twisted pair cable
Maximum cable length
6 INSTALLATION AND EXTERNAL WIRING