• In a 32-bit counter timer block with the linear counter mode setting, when "Count Value" exceeds the upper limit value in up
count, the overflow error (error code: 100H) is stored in Latest error code (Un\G100). When "Count Value" falls below the
lower limit value in down count, the underflow error (error code: 101H) is stored in Latest error code (Un\G100).
• When the overflow error or underflow error has occurred, the count stops and "Count Value" does not change even if up
count or down count is performed.
• These errors can be cleared by performing the preset function. Performing the preset function stores a preset value in
"Count Value" and restarts the count. The value stored in Latest error code (Un\G100) is held until the error is reset. Clear
the error using Error clear request (YF).
In the linear counter mode, set the values as follows.
• Set the upper limit value and the lower limit value so that the lower limit value is smaller than the upper limit
value. When the upper limit value is equal to or smaller than the lower limit value, the overflow error or
underflow error occurs and the count operation is not performed.
• Set the preset value so that the preset value is larger than or equal to the lower limit value, and smaller than
or equal to the upper limit value.
9 CREATING A HARDWARE LOGIC
9.2 Multi Function Counter Block