Preparations for use
4.11 Transport and storage
The machine can fall over, shift or fall down during transport if the center of gravity is not
If the center of gravity of a load is not located centrally between the attachment points, the
motor can tip over or slip out of the lifting equipment and fall when it is being transported or
lifted. This can result in death, serious injury or material damage.
● Comply with the handling instructions on the machine when transporting it.
● Be aware of the possibility of different loads on the sling ropes or lifting straps and the
● Always take account of the center of gravity when transporting or lifting the motor. If the
Rotor shipping brace
Depending on the version, the machine is fitted with a rotor shipping brace.
Damage during transport
Not using the rotor shipping brace can cause damage to the machine if it is jolted during
transport. Material damage can result.
● If the machine is fitted with a rotor shipping brace, this should always be used when
● Only remove it before pushing on the output element. If you transport the machine after
● In the case of vertical design motors, disassemble the rotor shipping brace in the vertical
carrying capacity of the lifting equipment.
center of gravity is not located centrally between the attachment points, then position the
hoisting hook above the center of gravity.
transporting the machine. It must be securely attached during transportation.
the output element has been pushed on you must take other appropriate measures to fix
the axial position of the rotor. Please refer to the illustration below.
position only. Fix the rotor in position before the machine is turned onto its side if a machine
has to be transported in a horizontal position. Vertical motors are supplied from the
manufacturing plant in the horizontal position.
Axial location of the rotor
Screw and washer
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2014