9.2 Corrective Maintenance
3. Avoid using a hammer.
4. Secure the parallel key from falling out or remove it.
1. Remove the parallel key lock or insert it in the keyway.
2. Check the correct seating.
3. Then push the external fan
4. Insert the retaining ring
Air inlet nozzle
Two-pole machines are equipped with an air inlet nozzle
fan and air inlet nozzle must measure ≥ 2 mm evenly over the circumference.
Explosion hazard from grinding fan
If the fan impeller comes into contact with another component, it can cause sparking and an
explosion. This can result in death, serious injury, or material damage.
● Remove any dirt.
● Regularly check and after any work check the spacing between fan and adjacent
● Please contact the Service Center, if you require any support when aligning the
Ventilation (schematic diagram with axial fan)
components, such as air inlet nozzle. Correct the alignment of the components, if
necessary. The gap between the air inlet nozzle and the fan impeller should be at least
2 mm around the complete circumference.
onto the shaft up to its stop. Use a suitable device for this
into the corresponding groove and check its fit.
. The spacing between external
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2014