Connecting the machine for a specific direction of rotation
If the machine has one shaft extension or two shaft extensions with different diameters, the
direction of rotation when looking at the front of the single or the thicker shaft extension is
defined as follows:
● If you connect the power cables in the phase sequence L1, L2, L3 to U, V, W, the resulting
● If you interchange two connections, e.g. L1, L2, L3 to W, V, U, the resulting rotation will be
The machine will not be adequately cooled if it is operated other than how it was originally
ordered or with the incorrect direction of rotation. This can result in machine damage.
Observe the direction of rotation data on the nameplate.
The following generally applies to electrical connections:
● Ensure that there is a safe and reliable PE ground connection before starting any work.
● The connecting cables can be sealed and secured at every cable entry point into the
● Lay the connecting cables and in particular the PE conductor in the terminal box in an open
● Connect the machine in such a way that a permanent, safe electrical connection is
● Lay and secure external auxiliary cables separately from the main cable. Elements with
rotation will be clockwise.
On machines which are only allowed to run in one direction, the rating plate shows an
arrow which indicates the permitted direction of rotation, and it also specifies the terminal
connections in the required phase sequence.
arrangement so that chafing of the cable insulation is prevented.
maintained. Avoid protruding wire ends.
cable ties may be present for this purpose.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2014