4. Prepare the end of the cable depending on the cable and its use, e. g. with a cable lug.
5. Connect the ends of the cables to the terminals in accordance with the circuit diagram.
6. You might need to use a sleeve made of suitable sealing tape to modify the diameter where
7. Insert the cable with the seal insert in position into the gland opening. Screw the strain relief
8. Secure the strain relief device.
9. Tighten the clamping screws of the strain relief device so that the cable is clamped as
10.Retighten the clamping screws after 24 hours.
Use only sealing plugs, cable entries and conductor entries, that are certified and marked for
use in the respective hazardous area (the zone).
Connecting cables with cable lugs
1. Select the cable lugs according to the required cable cross-section and fixing screw or stud
2. Remove the insulation from the conductor ends so that the remaining insulation reaches
3. Fasten the cable lug to the end of the conductor correctly, e.g. by squeezing.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2014
The circuit diagram is located in the cover of the terminal box.
Refer to the "Connecting cables..." section for more information.
it passes through the sealing insert. Push the sealing insert onto the prepared sleeve.
device together once the cable is in a concentric position in the gland opening.
necessary, but do not damage the cable insulation. We recommend a torque of 5 Nm.
Clamping screws for the strain relief clip
Tightening the strain relief clip clamping screws too tightly can damage the insulation.
This can cause a voltage flashover. This can result in death, serious injury, or material
damage. Tighten the strain relief clip clamping screws to the specified torque.
size. Information about the maximum cross-section for the respective standard terminal
box design can be found in the catalog.
A sloped/angular arrangement of the supply cables is only permitted provided the required
minimum air clearances are met.
almost up to the cable lug
Connection with cable lug and fixing screw (schematic diagram)
. Connect only one conductor per cable lug.