For outdoor storage, the following additional conditions must be satisfied:
● The ground must be sufficiently strong. Prevent the motor from sinking into the ground.
● Covers or tarpaulins used to protect the equipment against the weather must not make
Protection against humidity
If a dry storage space is not available, protect the machine as follows against humidity:
● Wrap the machine in humidity-absorbent material.
● Wrap the machine in plastic film:
● Inspect the machine regularly.
Damage to the roller bearings
If storage conditions are inappropriate there is a risk of bearing seizure damage. This can
result in material damage, such as damage to bearings caused by vibration.
On machines that have been supplied with a rotor shipping brace, secure the rotor as per
the notes on transportation (Page 34). Protect the machine against strong radial vibrations,
since the rotor shipping brace might not absorb these completely.
If the customer has already mounted parts, for example coupling, belt pulley, etc., the bearing
can be damaged during transport.
In this case, make sure that the customer uses a rotor locking device.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2014
contact with the surfaces of the equipment. Otherwise air circulation under the stored items
will be prevented.
– Place a humidity meter inside the plastic film.
– Place desiccant within the plastic film.
– Pack the machine air-tight.
Preparations for use
4.11 Transport and storage