If a third-party certification is available for the machine, then carefully comply with the technical
data defined in it and any special conditions.
The certificate must be available before commissioning.
Electrostatic sensitive devices
ESD protective measures
Electronic modules contain components that can be destroyed by electrostatic discharge.
These modules can be easily destroyed by improper handling.
To protect your equipment against damage, follow the instructions given below.
● Never touch electronic modules unless absolutely necessary in the course of maintenance
● If the modules have to be touched, the body of the person concerned must be
● Electronic modules should not be brought into contact with electrically insulating materials
● Always place electrostatic sensitive devices on conductive bases.
● Always pack, store and transport electronic modules or components in conductive
The necessary ESD protective measures for electrostatic sensitive devices are illustrated once
again in the following drawings:
a = conductive floor surface
d = ESD overall
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2014
and repair procedures.
electrostatically discharged immediately beforehand and be grounded.
such as plastic film, plastic parts, insulating table supports or clothing made of synthetic
packaging, e.g. metallized plastic or metal containers, conductive foam material or
domestic aluminum foil.
b = ESD table
e = ESD wristband
2.6 Electrostatic sensitive devices
c = ESD shoes
f = cabinet ground connection