● If you are using cable glands, use only certified cable glands with strain relief. Comply with
● Correctly close unused threads or holes, maintaining the IP degree of protection. The IP
● Replace any unused cable glands by certified screw plugs.
Bringing cables into the terminal box 1XB.. and routing them with onion sealing ring
The following terminal boxes may be equipped with an onion sealing ring.
1XB1621, 1XB1631, 1XB1634
The connecting cable is sealed at the cable entry location using a cut-out sealing insert and
is fastened using a strain relief device.
Bringing cables into the terminal box and connecting them
The terminal box is opened, the cable cut to the correct length and stripped back. Make sure
that no external forces are acting on the cable connection.
1. Remove the top part of the strain relief
2. Cut the seal insert
3. Pull the sealing insert over the end of the cable.
the installation and operation conditions specified in the certificate for these cable glands
and check that they have been complied with.
degree of protection is stamped on the rating plate.
Terminal boxes with onion sealing ring
Strain relief device and sealing insert
of the strain relief
. The strain relief device can be located either in the terminal box or
externally. If necessary, switch the direction sense of the strain relief device.
so that its opening is 1 to 3 mm smaller than the diameter of the cable.
Onion sealing ring
and release the fixing screws for the bottom part
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2014