11.4 Disposal of components
Sort the components for recycling according to whether they are:
● Iron and steel
● Non-ferrous metal, e.g. windings
● Insulating materials
● Cables and wires
● Electronic waste
Process materials and chemicals
Sort the process materials and chemicals for recycling according to whether they are for
● Cleaning substances and solvents
● Paint residues
● Anti-corrosion agent
● Coolant additives such as inhibitors, antifreeze or biocides
Dispose of the separated components according to local regulations or via a specialist disposal
company. The same applies for cloths and cleaning substances which have been used while
working on the machine.
● If necessary, contact a suitable specialist disposal company.
● Wooden packaging for sea transport consists of impregnated wood. Observe the local
● The foil used for water-proof packaging is an aluminum composite foil. It can be recycled
The winding insulation is incinerated during copper recycling.
thermally. Dirty foil must be disposed of via waste incineration.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2014