Putting the machine down
The following preconditions must be satisfied before setting down the machine at the
● The mating faces must be clean.
● The anti-corrosion protection paint has been removed from the mating faces, such as the
Setting down the machine
● Set down the machine slowly and carefully at the installation location to avoid any impact.
Draining condensation (Page 53)
Under the following conditions it is possible that condensation may accumulate within the
● Wide fluctuations in the ambient temperature, such as direct sunlight combined with high
● Intermittent operation or load fluctuations during operation
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2014
machine mounting feet, flange, ...
There is no condensation present within the machine.
Damage due to condensate
If the stator winding is damp, its insulation resistance will be reduced. This can result in
voltage flashovers that can seriously damage the windings. Condensate can also cause
rust to form within the machine.
Ensure that condensate can drain away.
5.2 Lift the machine to where it will be installed, and position it