Under normal ambient conditions, e. g. the stopped machine is not exposed to any vibration,
no increased level of corrosion, etc. in general, the following measures are necessary during
Measures for operational motors during stoppages
● If the stoppage lasts longer than one month, start up the machine regularly, that is,
● If the machine has anti-condensation heating, then switch it on when the machine is not in
● Please refer to the section "Energizing" before restarting the motor.
Taking the machine out of service
You will find detailed information about the necessary measures to be taken in the
"Transportation and storage (Page 32)" section.
● When restarting the motor after a long stoppage, carry out the measures recommended in
● Regrease the bearings prior to commissioning if the machine has been out of operation for
● Pay attention to the instructions on the lubricant plate.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2014
approximately once a month. Alternatively, turn the rotor as a minimum. If a rotor shipping
brace has been fitted to the machine, remove it before you spin the rotor.
Do not switch on the anti-condensation heating for at least one hour after the motor has
been switched off. This prevents damage to the winding insulation.
Damage due to improper storage
Damage may occur to the motor if it is not stored properly.
If the machine is to be taken out of operation for more than 12 months, suitable anti-
corrosion, preservation, packaging, and drying measures must be taken.
the chapter titled "Commissioning (Page 83)".
more than a year. The shaft must rotate so that the new grease can be distributed
throughout the bearings.