Switching off the anti-condensation heating
Excessive machine temperature
If the anti-condensation heating is operated while the machine is running, this can increase
the temperatures inside the machine. This can result in material damage.
● Make sure that the anti-condensation heating is switched off before the machine is
● Only operate anti-condensation heating when the machine is switched off.
Interlock circuit for anti-condensation heating (option) (Page 30)
Switching on the machine
1. If at all possible, run the machine without load and check that it is running smoothly.
2. If it runs perfectly, connect a load.
3. If this is possible using the available measuring equipment, check the bearing and stator
Regreasing roller bearings
Refer to the regreasing instructions for the roller bearings on the lubricant plate.
Switching on again after an emergency switching-off
● Check the motor before restarting the driven machine after an emergency off.
● Eliminate all the causes that have led to the emergency off
The stoppage is a shutdown for a period of time, during which the machine is stopped but
remains at the location of use.
Maximum number of permissible consecutive starts for machines on the power supply:
Three cold / two warm
The start conditions for converter machines can be found in the catalog.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2014