4. Insulate the cable lug sleeves where necessary to ensure minimum air clearances and the
5. Place the cable lug on the terminal support. If you are using a disconnecting link, check its
6. Tighten the fixing element
Explosion hazard if cable lugs without side guards are used
For cable cross-sections under 70 mm
minimum air clearances may be underrun and cause an explosion.
This can result in death, serious injury, or material damage.
● For cable cross-sections under 70 mm
● Make sure that the minimum air clearances (Page 76) are observed.
Connection without cable lugs
Lug terminal connections - which are suitable for connecting flexible and stranded conductors
without the use of wire end ferrules - may be installed if ordered accordingly. If you wish to
use wire end ferrules, then before connecting the cable, attach these so as to form a technically
correct, current-carrying crimped joint at the end of the conductor.
Overheating of the conductor ends
If the end of the conductor is not correctly enclosed by the wire end ferrule, but is trapped by
it, this can lead to overheating.
● Insert only one conductor end into each wire end ferrule, and attach the wire end ferrule
● Insert only one conductor end into each terminal.
creepage distance are maintained.
For terminal box 1XB7740 place the cable lug on the busbar.
Fastening screw M12
Fixing screws M16
Fixing nuts M12
with the corresponding tightening torque:
, cable lugs without side guard may twist. The
, use only cable lugs with side guard.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2014