● Use suitable tools to disassemble the machine.
● Take measures to prevent parts from dropping down before you dismantle them, e.g. by
● The centerings in the shaft extensions have reset threads. Use lifting gear which is suitable
Rotor can fall down
Eyebolts in accordance with DIN 580 are unsuitable for suspending the rotor. The rotor can
fall off. This can result in death, serious injury or material damage.
Use lifting gear which is suitable for the rotor weight and direction of loading.
Machine damage caused by improper repair work
Improper servicing work can damage the machine. This can cause damages and/or faults
which can result in eventual or immediate death, serious injury, or property damage.
● Properly assemble or disassemble the machine.
● Use only suitable tools and equipment.
● Immediately replace damaged components.
● Contact the Service Center (Page 143), if necessary.
Rotor can fall out
If the motor is in a vertical position, the rotor can fall out while work is being performed on
the locating bearing. This can result in death, serious injury or damage.
● Support or unload the rotor when carrying out work with the machine in a vertical position.
Components within the motor may be hotter than the maximum permissible surface
temperature for the enclosure. In an explosive atmosphere, dust can ignite and an explosion
occur. This can result in death, serious injury or material damage.
● Do not open the motor in an explosive and dusty atmosphere when it is still at normal
● Allow the machine to cool down before opening it.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2014
replacing fastening elements with extra-long screws, threaded bolts or similar. This ensures
that the part is supported after it is pulled off.
for the rotor weight and direction of loading.
9.2 Corrective Maintenance