7.2 Measurement of the insulation resistance and polarization index before commissioning
● Minimum air clearances have been maintained.
● Any supplementary motor monitoring devices and equipment have been correctly
● All brakes and backstops are operating correctly.
● At the monitoring devices, the values for "Warning" and "Shutdown" are set.
Setpoint values for monitoring the bearing temperature (Page 86)
Set values for monitoring the winding temperature (Page 86)
● If the design of the motor requires connection to a particular converter type, the rating plate
● The converter is correctly parameterized. The parameterization data is specified on the
● The specified limit speed n
● Check that the machine cooling is available for commissioning.
● The bearing insulation should be executed as shown on the plates.
Measurement of the insulation resistance and polarization index before
Measuring the insulation resistance and polarization index (PI) provides information on the
condition of the machine. It is therefore important to check the insulation resistance and the
polarization index at the following times:
● Before starting up a machine for the first time
● After an extended period in storage or downtime
● Within the scope of maintenance work
The following information is provided regarding the state of the winding insulation:
● Is the winding head insulation conductively contaminated?
● Has the winding insulation absorbed moisture?
As such, you can determine whether the machine needs commissioning or any necessary
measures such as cleaning and/or drying the winding:
connected and are functioning correctly.
will contain corresponding additional information.
rating plate of the machine. Information about the parameters is available in the operating
instructions for the converter.
is not exceeded. Limit speed n
is not fallen below.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2014