Terminating the connection work (auxiliary circuit)
1. Before closing the auxiliary terminal box, please check that:
2. Close the auxiliary terminal box using the cover supplied for this purpose. See section
The following chapter is relevant only to machines of series 1PQ8 or if the machine was ordered
for operation on the rectifier.
The order number shows whether the machine was ordered for operation with converter: the
9th digit of the order number features the letter "P" or "Q".
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2014
– The cables are connected in accordance with the terminal diagram.
– The cables are arranged so that they do not come into contact with the machine, and
the cable insulation cannot be damaged.
– The inside of the terminal box is clean and free of any cable debris, dirt and foreign
– The cable glands are firmly tightened, are suitable with respect to the degree of
protection, type of cable routing, permissible cable diameter, etc., and have been
mounted in full compliance with specifications and regulations
– The tapped holes in the terminal plate have been sealed using cable entries or sealing
plugs that achieve the respective degree of protection.
– Any unused entry points are sealed. The sealing elements are firmly screwed in i. e.
they can only be removed with a tool.
– All of the seals/gaskets and sealing surfaces of the terminal box are in good condition
– The clamping screws and any screw clamps are fully tightened, even if they are not
"Tightening torques for screw and bolt connections (Page 145)" for the tightening torque of
the fixing bolts for the cover.
6.5 Connecting the auxiliary circuits