2.4 Safe handling
The five safety rules
For your personal safety and to prevent material damage when carrying out any work, always
observe the safety instructions and the following five safety rules, according to EN 50110‑1
"Dead working". Apply the five safety rules in the sequence stated before starting work.
Five safety rules
1. Disconnect completely.
2. Secure against reconnection.
3. Verify absence of operating voltage.
4. Carry out earthing and short-short-circuiting.
5. Provide protection against adjacent live parts.
To energize the system, apply the measures in reverse order.
All work at the machine must be carried out by qualified personnel only. For the purpose of
this documentation, qualified personnel is taken to mean people who fulfill the following
● Through appropriate training and experience, they are able to recognize and avoid risks
● They have been instructed to carry out work on the machine by the appropriate person
Workplace safety depends on the attentiveness, care, and common sense of the personnel
who install, operate, and maintain the machine. In addition to the safety measures cited, as a
matter of principle, the use of caution is necessary when you are near the machine. Always
pay attention to your safety.
Also observe the following to prevent accidents:
● General safety regulations applicable in the country where the machine is deployed.
● Manufacturer-specific and application-specific regulations
● Special agreements made with the operator
● Separate safety instructions supplied with the machine
● Safety symbols and instructions on the machine and its packaging
Disconnect the auxiliary circuits, for example anti-condensation heating.
and potential dangers in their particular field of activity.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 05/2014