Inspect every 6 000 km (4 000 miles, 12 months).
Replace engine coolant every 2 years.
ENGINE COOLANT LEVEL CHECK
• Keep the motorcycle upright.
• Check the engine coolant level by observing the full and lower
lines on the engine coolant reserve tank.
A Full line
B Lower line
• If the level is below the lower line, add engine coolant to the
full line from the engine coolant reserve tank filler.
To remove the filler cap, remove the tool box cover and second-
ary gear case cover. (2-16)
ENGINE COOLANT CHANGE
• Remove the rear and front seat. (8-3)
• Remove the fuel tank. (6-3)
• Remove the radiator cap 1.
• Drain engine coolant by disconnecting the radiator hose 2
from the pump.
* Do not open the radiator cap when the engine is hot,
as you may be injured by escaping hot liquid or
* Engine coolant may be harmful if swallowed or if it
comes in contact with skin or eyes. If engine coolant
gets into the eyes or in contact with the skin, flush
thoroughly with plenty of water. If swallowed, induce
vomiting and call physician immediately!
• Flush the radiator with fresh water if necessary.
• Connect the radiator hose 2 securely.
• Pour the specified engine coolant up to the radiator inlet.
• Bleed the air from the engine coolant circuit as following pro-
For engine coolant information, refer to page 7-2.
PERIODIC MAINTENANCE 2-17