Programming technological functions (cycles)
Rectangular pocket (POCKET3)
You can mill any rectangular pocket with the "rectangular pocket milling" function.
The following machining variants are available:
● Mill rectangular pocket from solid material.
● Pre-drill rectangular pocket in the center first if, for example, the milling cutter does not
● Machine pre-machined rectangular pocket (see "Solid machining" parameter).
Depending on the dimensions of the rectangular pocket in the workpiece drawing, you can
select a corresponding reference point for the rectangular pocket.
1. The tool approaches the center point of the rectangular pocket in rapid traverse at the
2. The tool is inserted into the material according to the chosen strategy.
3. The rectangular pocket is always machined with the chosen machining type from inside
4. The tool moves back to the safety clearance at rapid traverse.
● Finishing of edge
cut in the center (program the drilling, rectangular pocket and position program blocks in
height of the retraction plane and adjusts to the safety clearance.
During roughing, the individual planes of the rectangular pocket are machined one after
the other from center point until depth Z1 is reached.
During finishing, the edge is always machined first. The rectangular pocket edge is
approached on the quadrant that joins the corner radius. In the last infeed, the base is
finished from the center out.
Edge finishing is performed in the same way as finishing, except that the last infeed
(finish base) is omitted.
Chamfering involves edge breaking at the upper edge of the rectangular pocket.
Operating Manual, 03/2010, 6FC5398-7CP20-1BA0