● Machine manufacturer has set the direction reference to rotary axis 1 (B) when he
● A rotation around X (WCS) of 10 degrees is programmed in the swivel cycle.
The machine in the basic setting (pole setting) of the kinematics (B = 0 C = 0) is shown in the
● Direction "-" (minus)
● Direction "+" (plus)
The two "Minus" or "Plus" direction settings enable a workpiece to be machined with
swiveled planes. The two solutions calculated by the NC differ by 180 degrees (see rotary
To avoid collisions, you can use the 5-axis transformation (software option) to define the
position of the tool tip during swiveling.
● No correction
Operating Manual, 03/2010, 6FC5398-7CP20-1BA0
commissioned the swivel function.
– Rotary axis B moves to -10 degrees in the negative direction (red arrow).
– Rotary axis C moves to 90 degrees (rotation around X!).
– Rotary axis B moves to +10 degrees in the positive direction (red arrow).
– Rotary axis C moves to 270 degrees.
The position of the tool tip is corrected during swiveling (tracking function).
The position of the tool tip is not corrected during swiveling.
Please refer to the machine manufacturer's specifications.
Programming technological functions (cycles)
8.6 Further cycles and functions