• Set the roll on a table or other flat surface so that it does not roll or fall. Rolls are heavy, and dropping a
roll may cause injury.
• When handling the roll, be careful not to soil the printing surface. This may affect the printing quality.
We recommend wearing clean cloth gloves when handling rolls to protect the printing surface.
• Align the edges of the paper on both ends of the roll. Misalignment may cause feeding problems.
• Cut the edge of the roll using the Paper Cutting function if the edge is creased or soiled. (See "Specify-
ing the Cutting Method for Rolls.")
• If the paper is badly creased, cut the edge of the roll with scissors before loading the roll in the printer,
and then cut the edge of the paper using the Paper Cutting function. (See "Specifying the Cutting
Method for Rolls.")
• For details on supported sizes and types of rolls, see Paper Sizes or the Paper Reference Guide. (See
• To view instructions as you attach the Roll Holder, press the Navigate button. (See "How to View In-
structions with Navigate.")
Remove the Holder Stopper from the Roll Holder.
Insert the attachments for the roll paper on the Roll Holder.
• Using rolls with a 3-inch paper core
Attach the included 3-Inch Paper Core Attachment on the Roll Holder.
Loading Rolls on the Roll Holder
(See "Types of Paper.")