• For safety, keep ink tanks out of the reach of children.
• If ink is accidentally ingested, contact a physician immediately.
• There may be ink around the ink supply section of ink tanks you removed. Handle ink tanks carefully
during replacement. The ink may stain clothing.
• Do not install used ink tanks in another model of printer.
This will prevent correct ink level detection, which may damage the printer or cause other problems.
• We recommend using up an Ink Tank in the course of printing within six months after breaking the seal.
Printing quality may be affected if you use older ink tanks.
• Do not leave the printer without ink tanks installed for extended periods (a month or more). Residual ink
may become clogged inside the printer and affect printing quality.
Make sure the printer is ready for Ink Tank replacement
You can replace ink tanks if the Display Screen advises you to check the amount of ink left or replace ink tanks.
If a message requests you to replace an Ink Tank, press the OK button. In this case, you can skip the step Access the
menu for ink tank replacement. Follow the instructions in Remove the ink tanks.
• Do not remove an Ink Tank during initialization immediately after turning on the printer, or during print-
• Ink Tank replacement is possible even during printing, when print jobs are being canceled, or when pa-
per is being advanced.
Access the menu for Ink Tank replacement
On the Tab Selection screen of the Control Panel, press ◀ or ▶ to select the Ink tab (
Replacing Ink Tanks