Choose this option if you want to cut pages
by pressing Cutter Unit buttons for manual
cutting after printing when Auto Cut > No is
selected or Print Cut Guideline is selected
in the printer driver.
Otherwise choose this option if you want to
cut the roll edge after loading a roll.
• Automatic and Eject are valid only when you have selected Auto Cut > Yes in the printer driver.
• With Eject, printing does not resume after a series of jobs have been printed continuously until the roll is
• Eject is the preset selection in Cutting Mode for some types of paper. For this paper, we recommend
keeping the preset cutting mode.
• If documents printed using Automatic, Eject, or manual cutting are short, rolls are advanced a specific
amount before cutting to prevent problems with cutting and paper ejection. This may create a wider bot-
tom margin, in some cases.
Cut rolls manually in the following cases:
Eject (waiting for ink to dry after printing)
• When cutting wide printed documents after ejection, have two people support the documents. If the pa-
per drops, printed documents may be damaged.
• Do not lift the paper when holding printed documents before cutting. If the paper rises, it may affect the
printing quality or cause rough cut edges.
On the Tab Selection screen of the Control Panel, press ◀ or ▶ to select the Paper tab (
• If the Tab Selection screen is not displayed, press the Menu button.
Specifying the Cutting Method for Rolls