While firmly holding the Printhead you have removed, use your other hand to remove the orange Protective Part
(a). Squeeze the grips (c) of Protective Part (b) and pull it down to remove it.
Replacing the Printhead
• When handling the Printhead, always hold it by the grips (a). Never touch the nozzles (b) or met-
al contacts (c). This may damage the Printhead and affect printing quality.
• Never touch the ink supply section (d). This may cause printing problems.
• If you need to put a Printhead somewhere temporarily before installation, do not keep the nozzles
and metal contacts facing down. If the nozzles or metal contacts are damaged, it may affect the
• The inside surface of the Protective Part (a) and Protective Part (b) is coated with ink to protect
the nozzles. Be careful not to touch these surfaces when removing the caps.
• The Printhead contains ink to protect the nozzles. We recommend removing Protective Part (b) as
you hold it over the Printhead package or safely out of the way to avoid spilling ink and staining
your clothes or the surrounding area. If ink accidentally spills, wipe off the ink with a dry cloth.
• Do not reattach the Protective Part or protective material. Dispose of these materials in accord-
ance with local regulations.