• If you have replaced the roll
• After printing on paper that generates a lot of paper dust
• If the message "Blue platen switch is dirty." is displayed
• If the Platen inside the Top Cover becomes dirty, it may soil the underside of paper. We recommend
cleaning the Platen after borderless printing or printing on small paper.
• If the Ejection Guide is dirty, it may soil the edge of the paper when the paper is cut. We recommend
cleaning the Ejection Guide even if it does not appear dirty, because it may actually be covered with
On the Tab Selection screen of the Control Panel, press ◀ or ▶ to select the Settings/Adj. tab (
• If the Tab Selection screen is not displayed, press the Menu button.
Press the OK button.
The Set./Adj. Menu is displayed.
Press ▲ or ▼ to select Maintenance, and then press the OK button.
Press ▲ or ▼ to select Clean Platen, and then press the OK button.
A message on the Display Screen requests you to open the Top Cover.
Open the Top Cover.
Cleaning the Printer
Cleaning Inside the Top Cover