• If the printhead still rubs even after changing the Vacuum Strength, set the Head Height to be higher in
the Step 5: Configure the amount of ink used dialog box.
• Refer to "Paper rubs against the Printhead" for details on how to handle the printhead rubbing against the
paper. (See "Paper rubs against the printhead.")
About Borderless Printing
• When performing borderless printing on paper where the ink does not dry well, the cutter unit may leave scratches
where it touches the printed surface, or may not cut correctly. In this kind of situation, configure the amount of
time to wait for the ink to dry after printing using Drying Time in the Roll Paper Settings dialog box.
Alternatively, if the paper cannot be cut well by the cutter, set the Automatic Cutting Settings to User Cut in the
Roll Paper Settings dialog box, and cut the roll paper using scissors, etc.
About the Print Quality
• If the edges of images are blurry, set the Vacuum Strength to be weaker in the Step 5: Configure the amount of
ink used dialog box.
• If lines are warped or scratched, set the Head Height to be lower in the Step 5: Configure the amount of ink
used dialog box.
• If the amount of ink used is too much, wrinkles may appear and the ink may bleed in the printed material. Further-
more, if the amount of ink used is too little, color production may be poor and lines may become scratched. In this
kind of situation, change the amount of ink used in the Step 5: Configure the amount of ink used dialog box.
• If horizontal bands with different color tone appear in the printed material, execute Paper Feed Adjustment in the
Step 4: Paper feed adjustment dialog box. If you have already executed Paper Feed Adjustment, execute Adj.
Fine Feed from the printer control panel and fine tune the amount of paper feed.
• Refer to "Fine-Tuning the Paper Feed Amount (Adj. Fine Feed)" for details on Adj. Fine Feed.
(See "Fine-Tuning the Paper Feed Amount (Adj. Fine Feed).")
• If horizontal bands appear even after executing Adj. Fine Feed, refer to "Banding in different col-
ors occurs" in "Troubleshooting". (See "Banding in different colors occurs.")
• If printed sheets are affected by banding in different colors toward the end of the sheet (about 20–30 mm from the
edge), try adjusting the feed amount of the trailing edge of sheets. (See "Adjusting Color on the Trailing Edge of
• If you cannot obtain sufficiently high print quality, change the maximum ink usage, or change the media type used
as the basis for the custom paper in the Step 1: Select the standard paper dialog box.
• If there is no luster in printed material, set the paper used as the basis for the custom paper to a paper that uses
photo ink as the Black ink.
The types of Black ink used are displayed on the right side of each media type in the Step 1: Select the standard
paper dialog box.
• Refer to "Problems with the printing quality" for details on problems with printing quality. (Refer to
" Problems with the printing quality
About the Color Tone
• The color tone cannot be configured using the Media Configuration Tool. If the color tone needs to be adjusted,
provide an ICC color profile that matches the paper you are using, and select that ICC color profile in your soft-
• Custom paper cannot be used with the ambient light adjustment function or Monitor Matching in Color-Matching
Media Configuration Tool