• For safety, keep the Printhead out of the reach of children.
• If ink is accidentally ingested, contact a physician immediately.
• Do not touch the Printhead immediately after printing. The Printhead becomes extremely hot, and there
is a risk of burns.
• There may be ink around the nozzles of the Printhead you remove. Handle the Printhead carefully during
replacement. The ink may stain clothing.
• Do not open the Printhead pouch until immediately before installation. After removing the Printhead
from the pouch, install it right away. If the Printhead is left after the pouch is opened, the nozzles may
dry out, which may affect printing quality.
Access the menu for Printhead replacement
• When replacing the Printhead immediately after printing, wait a few minutes before replacing it. The
metal parts of the Printhead become hot during printing, and there is a risk of burns from touching these
• Prepare a new Ink Tank when ink levels are low.
• Your hands may become dirty during Printhead replacement. Use the gloves provided with the new
Printhead for replacement.
Remove any paper that has been advanced by selecting Eject Paper in the Control Panel menu.
• When using a roll, rewind it.
(See "Removing the Roll from the Printer.")
• When using sheets, remove the sheet.
(See "Removing Sheets.")
Clean inside the Top Cover. (See "Cleaning Inside the Top Cover.")
On the Tab Selection screen of the Control Panel, press ◀ or ▶ to select the Settings/Adj. tab (
Press the OK button.
The Set./Adj. Menu is displayed.
Press ▲ or ▼ to select Maintenance, and then press the OK button.
Press ▲ or ▼ to select Replace P.head, and then press the OK button.
Replacing the Printhead
• If the Tab Selection screen is not displayed, press the Menu button.