The Confirm Update dialog box opens.
Click the Execute button.
• If the authentication screen is displayed, input the administrator name and passowrd and click the
The custom paper is added to the control panel of the printer and to the printer driver of the PC you are using.
• When the custom paper is correctly added to the printer driver, the name of the added custom
paper is displayed in the Edit Media Types dialog box that is opened by Add Genuine Paper in
the Media Configuration Tool window.
Take note of the following warnings when added custom paper other than Canon genuine paper and feed confirmed
paper to the printer driver and the printer itself.
About the Cutter
• Depending on the paper, there are types that cannot be cut by the cutter unit, and types that speed deterioration of
the blade and cause damage to the cutter. For thick paper, hard paper, etc. do not use the cutter unit, and instead cut
the roll paper using scissors, etc. after printing. In this case, select User Cut as the Automatic Cutting Settings in
the Roll Paper Settings dialog box.
• If the cutter is damaged, contact your Canon dealer for assistance.
• Refer to "Specifying the Cutting Method for Rolls" for details on the methods for cutting roll paper. (See
"Specifying the Cutting Method for Rolls.")
About the Printhead
• If the printhead rubs against the paper during printing, this may cause damage to the printhead. If the printhead is
rubbing against the paper, configure the Vacuum Strength in the Step 5: Configure the amount of ink used
dialog box as follows.
Mac OS X Software
Media Configuration Tool