• Because the results of adjustment vary depending on the type of paper used for adjustment, use the same
type of paper as you will use for printing. Even if you will print on a different type of paper, we recom-
mend using Auto(Advanced) for adjustment.
• If Auto(Advanced) does not improve printing, try adjustment in Manual mode.
(See "Manual Adjustment to Straighten Lines and Colors (Head Posi. Adj.).")
• Advanced adjustment can enable superior printing quality when printing fine lines or text at high preci-
sion on glossy or semi-glossy photo or proofing paper.
(See "Enhancing Printing Quality.")
Items to Prepare
An unused roll at least 10 inches wide
Auto(Standard) : Two sheets of unused paper, A4/Letter size
Auto(Advanced) : Ten sheets of unused paper, A4/Letter size (or five sheets when using A2)
Auto(Expansion) : Seven sheets of unused paper, A4/Letter size (or four sheets when using A2)
Perform adjustment as follows.
Load the paper.
• Loading Rolls on the Roll Holder
• Loading Rolls in the Printer
• Loading Sheets in the Feed Slot
• Always make sure the loaded paper matches the type of paper specified on the printer. Adjust-
ment cannot be completed correctly unless the loaded paper matches the settings.
On the Tab Selection screen of the Control Panel, press ◀ or ▶ to select the Settings/Adj. tab (
• If the Tab Selection screen is not displayed, press the Menu button.
Press the OK button.
The Set./Adj. Menu is displayed.
Press ▲ or ▼ to select Adjust Printer, and then press the OK button.
Press ▲ or ▼ to select Head Posi. Adj., and then press the OK button.
Adjustments for Better Print Quality
Automatic Adjustment to Straighten Lines and Colors (Head Posi. Adj.)
Adjusting the Printhead