• When adding, editing, or deleting custom paper, make the same changes on all of the other PCs that use
the target printer. The changes can be made easily by creating a Custom Media Information File (.am1
file) using the custom paper export function and importing the file on the other PCs.
• When using custom paper in another printer, always add the custom paper to that printer before use.
• Canon genuine paper and feed confirmed paper cannot be changed from this dialog box. Refer to " Edit-
ing Media Type Information
• Changing the display order of media types displayed in the printer control panel and printer driver is per-
formed from the Edit Media Types dialog box regardless of whether it is Canon genuine paper or cus-
tom paper. Refer to " Editing Media Type Information
Refer to "Specifications" and "Paper" for specifications such as thickness and size of paper that can be added as custom
paper (See "Specifications.")
Notes on the operating environment
In low humidity environments (below 40%), your printer may develop the following problems.
• Paper becomes curled or wrinkled.
• Paper and the printhead are more likely to touch each other, resulting in a scratched print surface or damaged print-
• The cut printed matter sticks to the printer and will not fall down (film media).
• Paper sticks to the printer, making its transfer impossible and preventing its normal ejection (film media).
• Uneven printing (film media)
In high humidity environments (over 60%), your printer may develop the following problems.
• Printed matter will not dry.
• Wavy paper surface
• Cut edges are ragged (fabric media).
• Margins remain due to borderless printing.
• Canon offers absolutely no guarantees regarding the print quality or paper feed properties of customer
paper (paper that is not Canon genuine paper or Canon feed confirmed paper).
Add Custom Paper
In order to add new custom paper to the printer control panel and printer driver, first select the media type to use as the
basis from among the Canon genuine paper and feed confirmed paper.. Add this as custom paper after making various
changes to the standard paper as necessary.
• Do not execute printing on the target printer while adding custom paper.
• When adding custom paper, check the specifications of paper that can be added using " Compatible Pa-
• Custom paper added using the add custom paper function can only be used by the printer driver. It can-
not be used by other software.
Media Configuration Tool