• Because this settings imposes an upper limit on the amount of ink used during printing, the print-
ing result might not change even if the level is changed depending on the image.
• The color tone cannot be configured using the Media Configuration Tool. Although the color
tone may change when the maximum ink usage is changed, at this point you should select the
optimal level by only focusing on bleeding and scraping of ink. If the color tone needs to be ad-
justed, provide an ICC color profile that matches the paper you are using, and select that ICC
color profile in your software.
• Depending on the maximum ink usage setting, some of the print qualities in the printer driver
may become unselectable.
Configure Head Height and Vacuum Strength as required and click the Next button.
Usually, these do not need to be set.
• If you set the Head Height lower than the automatically set height in parentheses ( ), check that
the printhead does not rub against the paper. (If the printhead rubs against the paper, there will be
scratches in the printing results.) If the printhead rubs against the paper, this can cause damage to
• If you change the Vacuum Strength, check that the printhead is not rubbing against the paper. (If
the printhead rubs against the paper, there will be scratches in the printing results.) If the print-
head rubs against the paper, this can cause damage to the printhead.
• For details on the Head Height and Vacuum Strength, refer to the help.
Media Configuration Tool
Add Custom Paper