Adjustments for Better Print Quality
• Always check the Adj. Priority values before using Auto(GenuinePpr) or Auto(OtherPaper).
(See "Selecting a Feed Amount Adjustment Method (Feed Priority).")
• Adjustment is not possible with Auto(GenuinePpr) and Auto(OtherPaper) when using highly transpar-
In this case, use Manual adjustment.
(See "Manual Banding Adjustment (Adj. Quality).")
• If additional fine-tuning is necessary after Auto(GenuinePpr) and Auto(OtherPaper), execute Adj.
(See "Fine-Tuning the Paper Feed Amount (Adj. Fine Feed).")
• Use Adjust Length to ensure that lines in CAD drawings are printed at exactly the right length.
(See "Adjusting Line Length (Adjust Length).")
• This may take some time, depending on the type of paper.
• Use paper of the same type and size for adjustment as you will use for printing.
Items to Prepare
Perform adjustment as follows.
Load the paper.
• Loading Rolls on the Roll Holder
• Loading Rolls in the Printer
• Loading Sheets in the Feed Slot
On the Tab Selection screen of the Control Panel, press ◀ or ▶ to select the Settings/Adj. tab (
Press the OK button.
The Set./Adj. Menu is displayed.
Press ▲ or ▼ to select Adjust Printer, and then press the OK button.
Press ▲ or ▼ to select Feed Priority, and then press the OK button.
Press ▲ or ▼ to select Adj. Quality, and then press the OK button.
Automatic Banding Adjustment (Adj. Quality)
Adjusting the feed amount
An unused roll at least 10 inches wide
Auto(GenuinePpr) : One sheet of unused paper, A4/Letter size
Auto(OtherPaper) : Two sheets of unused paper, A4/Letter size (or one sheet when using A2)
• Always make sure the loaded paper matches the type of paper specified in the settings. Adjust-
ment cannot be completed correctly unless the loaded paper matches the settings.
• If the Tab Selection screen is not displayed, press the Menu button.